Ethics and motivation
My fascination with language has been the defining factor in my education and career.
The oath that I took before the Hamburg authorities stated:
“I swear to faithfully and conscientiously carry out my duties as an interpreter and translator for the English language”.
I take this oath literally and seriously.
This is reflected in how I carry out my work with enjoyment, a thirst for knowledge, attention to detail and confidentiality.
My professional training as an interpreter and translator, my bilinguality and my versatile work experience comprise the essential set of qualifications and skills to put this pledge into practice.
CV and professional experience
- Born in London
- Resided in various towns in England and Germany
- Student at University of Hamburg (History / English M.A.)
- Since 2001: Self-employed translator
- 2009: Post-graduate studies “Interpreting and Translating for Courts and Authorities” (University of Hamburg)
- 2010: Publicly appointed and sworn in as translator and interpreter for the English language
- Since 2011: Lecturer for the English language group of the course „Interpreting and Translating for Courts and Authorities” (University of Hamburg)
- Since 2011: Lecturer at Bucerius Law School (Hamburg) for “English Legal Translation”
- Since 2018: Legal English teacher for Bucerius Executive Education GmbH
Detailed CV, list of clients and references are available upon request.